Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wooden Decorative Cross

At Hobby Lobby you can now find wooden crosses in different shapes and sizes.  They are designed to be stackable so you can interchange shapes and sizes with each other.  Now I can give you the basics here, but it is up to your creative energy to do the rest!  I am blessed by Jesus with the ability to paint - but you do not have to be an artist.  You can glue cut outs or scrap booking paper to the cross with and seal it with Modge Podge.  If you want to use paint and are unable to freehand scroll work, etc...you can also use stencils.  Hobby Lobby has a great selection of decorative stencils in all sizes.  I used acrylic paint...just the cheapest kind they have at Michael's or Hobby Lobby...usually American brand, I think.  I did sand the cross and put a solid base coat of acrylic paint in white.  I sanded once more, and then added color.  I sprayed it with a sealer at the end, and I attached the crosses to each other using a 2 part epoxy.  In this case, I also put glued on acrylic stones, and rusted them.  I did this particular cross for my niece who just got into the Alpha Chi Omega Sorority.  So, take a peek, and go get you some!



Have a great day!
Nee' Nee'

No comments:

Post a Comment