Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch

I rang in the New Year at my sister, Robin's, ranch in Ledbetter, Texas.  My husband, Frank, and I went out there and just enjoyed life for a while.  Part of a creative happy life is balance, and taking time to enjoy your surroundings.  Getting back to nature, can be a really good way to charge your batteries.  I took my little white dog, Sookie...and we acclimated very well to the country lifestyle! 

Frank became quite the "ranch hand" while we were there! There is a hat that sits on the hearth for decorative purposes, but my husband adopted it as his own during out little getaway!  He is good that way!

Sookie had never been to the country.  She was car sick for the entire hour and twenty minutes it took to get there, but after she arrived....I think she enjoyed herself!  What do you think?  Does she look happy?

Beautiful views!  God's country for sure!

Sookie also helped with the chores!  She rode around right in the middle of us in the mule when we went to do anything!

Hello there big fella!

It didn't take long before Sookie became a country dog!

More peace, love and country living!

Feeding the cows was such a fun experience.  It took me back to when I was a kid and used to do this with my dad.  How about my cute hubby...you would never guess he came from Boston would you?



I hope 2012 brings you some time to stop and smell the roses occasionally. Reconnecting is so important to stay inspired and motivated.

Love to all, and thanks to Robert and Robin for letting us play cowboy!
Nee' Nee'


3 comments:

  1. Awww! Bella and Chloe need to visit the ranch. Sookie looked like she had a blast riding around in the Kubota!

    Loveyameanit!
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to go to my grandparents Ranch and feeding the cows by hand! This post brought back memories for me too! Thanks for the cute post and I'm glad Sookie had such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisha,

    I am glad you enjoyed this! I know there will be many more good memories to come!

    XOXXO
    Renee'

    ReplyDelete