Monday, January 30, 2012

Red Dining Room

First of all, let me start by saying, I LOVE ME A RED DINING ROOM!!  This dining room just neeeded a little sprucing up, so I turned to my good old standby...RED!  She is always there for me and never lets me down!  I wanted a little texture to dress it up, so I first did some raised stencilling with a very large damask stencil. 

Here is the before picture:


After the raised stencil was applied...the entire wall was painted.  Then, I went back with two different shades of metallic and stippled it on with a brush to give the raised portion some character.


The overall picture came out really good.  It almost looks like wallpaper from a distance.


This is a very versatile and luxurious look.

I hope you have a great Monday!
XOXXO
Nee' Nee'


1 comment:

  1. Looks great Nee'Nee', wish I had a room to paint such a luxurious fashion! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete