Monday, February 20, 2012

Stuffed Bell Peppers

I have a friend named Linda, that is a fabulous cook.  She is Italian so of course she ROCKS the meatball, but she can cook anything.  She catered my nieces wedding shower

Beautiful layout for my nieces wedding shower catered by Linda


...and I have eaten her food on a number of occasions.  She participated in cook off's and contests regularly, so I guess you could say, she is an award winning cook!  I asked her to share a couple of recipes with me, and this is the first.  Let me start by saying, I LOVE stuffed bell peppers.  She said you can fix this dish in a relatively short amount of time, and the good thing about it is that you can serve two-four guests easily.

Let me also say....I tried to pry her meatball recipe out of her, but it is a family secret.  She has catered several parties I have attended, and there have NEVER been any left over meatballs!


This is an actual photo she took with her phone.  This is what she served her husband for lunch!  YUMMY!

STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
 1 ½ LBS OF GROUND BEEF
4 BELL PEPPERS (GREEN OR COLORED)
½ CUP CHOPPED ONION
1 SMALL CAN MUSHROOMS (OPTIONAL)
4 SERVINGS OF COOKED WHITE OR BROWN RICE
1 LGE CAN DICED TOMATO WITH JUICE
1 SM CAN OF TOMATO SAUCE
1 CUP SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
TOPS OF BELL PEPPERS CLEANED AND CHOPPED

CUT THE TOPS OF THE PEPPERS RESERVING THEM. CLEAN PEPPERS REMOVING VEINS AND SEEDS. REMOVE STEM AND CHOP TOPS. PLACE PEPPERS INTO A POT OF WATER TO BOIL UNTIL TENDER.

FRY MEAT WITH SALT, PEPPER, ONIONS AND CHOPPED BELL PEPPERS USING AS MUCH AS YOU WISH. DRAIN IF NEEDED.  ADD DICED TOMATOES AND SAUCE.  STIR IN RICE AND MUSHROOMS.  ARRANGE STANDING PEPPERS IN BAKING DISH THAT HAS BEEN SPRAYED WITH PAM. FILL COMPLETELY PUTTING THE EXCESS RICE MIXTURE AROUND PEPPERS.
TOP WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE, COVER AND BAKE FOR 45-60 MINUTES ON 350DEGREES. 
Thanks, Linda.  
Luvyameanit!
Nee' Nee'



No comments:

Post a Comment