Friday, August 19, 2011

Make Your Own Invitations

One of my very bestest girlfriends turned 40 in April.  We wanted a specific look for the party.  She wanted turquoise and brown, and I thought that a princess shedding her tiara to become the queen was a good theme.  We were able to decide on all of that really quickly, but looking for invitations was another problem.  I looked and looked, but couldn't come up with anything I liked.  Then it hit me, I had some gift wrap paper that was turquoise and brown, with crowns on it!  I cut a piece of the paper in 9" x 5" (to fit the envelopes I had) and scanned it into my computer.  With the help of Photoshop, I created the perfect invitation! I added text and printed them on card stock and cut them with a table top paper cutter.  They were adorable!


I also used this to create wine labels for bottles of wine that we used for party favors.  I don't have a really good picture, but this will give you an idea:



You could do this with wallpaper, a napkin, gift wrap tissue, let your imagination run wild!  Why be limited to the invitations in the store?  You could even scan Fall leaves for an Autumn or Thanksgiving party.  Get creative! 

Have a great day!
Luvyameanit,
Nee' Nee'


No comments:

Post a Comment